C++ Software Engineer
- 2 jaar ervaring
- Overige ICT Functies
A leading global market maker that uses algorithmic trading and advanced tech to buy and sell securities on multiple worldwide trading venues. By providing liquidity to the market they drive efficiencies for buyers and sellers. All their global offices share an entrepreneurial spirit. Technology is not a department but truly embraced as the backbone of the whole organization. It’s at the heart of everything they do.
Our client considers their employees to be their greatest asset and acts accordingly. You will get a lot of responsibility and all the needed support in order for you to be able to make a difference. The structure is flat which means there’s a culture of openness and collaboration. There’s no room for politics either, whether you’ve just started out or if you’ve been with them for a long time already: the best idea wins!
The work you do can be very fun. You’ll get to solve the most complex challenges on a daily basis and can also participate in team building-, leisure- and sporting activities. There’s also room for CSR-activities through their own foundation.
- Their software has to make millions of decisions on a daily basis. Doing this better and faster than competitors leads to winning. You will need to come up with solutions that compete in the extreme latency sensitive environment. In order to do so you’ll be working closely with traders and engineers to implement strategies that will challenge you to be creative with your implementation
- New features can be extremely profitable but slight mistakes can be extremely costly
- The chain’s build around the concept of daily production releases and the technical environment is ever-evolving
- There’s a quick feedback loop: they release early and often in order to reap incremental benefits as they are developed
- You’ll be expected to manage your own time and tasks upon joining and should be able to drive change by listening to the traders and shaping their feedback into an implementation
- Colleagues share a: superior technical expertise, extraordinary smarts and a collaborative approach
- Minimum BSc degree
- More than 2 years of relevant experience
- C++ 11 and up. Additional languages such as Python or Java are considered a plus
- Experience with hardware (FPGA's) and programming in Verilog and/or VHDL are plusses as well
- Affinity for Algorithms, Math and/or Learning Analysis are all a big plus!
- Good English communication skills
- Willing to work at their Amsterdam office